As a business owner, it is important to have clear guidelines and policies in place regarding the use of company vehicles. A company vehicle usage agreement can help ensure that employees are using these vehicles responsibly and in a way that reflects positively on your brand.
Here are some key elements to consider when creating a company vehicle usage agreement:
1. Vehicle Condition: Before an employee is permitted to use a company vehicle, it is important to make clear that the vehicle must be well-maintained and in good condition. This includes ensuring that all necessary repairs and routine maintenance are performed according to the manufacturer`s recommendations.
2. Driver Eligibility: Establish clear criteria for determining which employees are eligible to use company vehicles. This may include requirements for a valid driver`s license, an acceptable driving record, and completion of a defensive driving course.
3. Personal Use: Determine whether employees will be permitted to use the company vehicle for personal use or only for business purposes. If personal use is allowed, be specific about any limitations on when and where the vehicle can be driven.
4. Fuel and Maintenance Responsibilities: Establish guidelines for employees to follow when it comes to filling up the gas tank and performing routine maintenance tasks. This may include guidelines for keeping receipts for fuel purchases and reporting any mechanical issues or accidents.
5. Safe Driving Practices: Make clear that employees are expected to practice safe driving habits when using company vehicles. This may include avoiding distracted driving, obeying traffic laws, and refraining from using the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Liability and Insurance: Depending on your industry and the types of vehicles your company uses, you may need to include specific language in your agreement regarding liability and insurance coverage. This may include noting that employees are responsible for any accidents or damage they cause while using the vehicle.
By implementing a company vehicle usage agreement, you can help prevent misunderstandings and misuses of company vehicles. It can also help protect your brand`s reputation and ensure that your employees are conducting themselves professionally in public. As with any important policy document, be sure to review and update your agreement regularly to ensure it remains current and effective.